CrazyApple Press

John Findura - Poet. Reviewer. Critic. Ruggedly Handsome. Dashingly Good Looking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey

Thursday, June 26, 2008

This has absolutely nothing to do with poetry, but read this article. A town somewhere in Ohio has cancelled its Little League All-Star Game because some kids will have their feelings hurt if they are not on the team and "because certain kids were being singled out as better players than others." I hope they don't try to have their poetry published, because they'll be on a ledge somewhere. And as a teacher, this just kills me. While I believe that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish almost anything, I also believe in that famous quote by Anonymous: "There's nothing wrong with cooking fries at McDonald's because not everyone gets to be an astronaut." Some people need to learn that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home